Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Resolutions

I know a good amount of people who are opposed to New Years Resolutions. They're cliche, there's no point in waiting until the end of the year to change things, etc, etc.

I don't think they're mandatory. I don't do them every years, just the times when I feel ambitious. This year, with absolutely no plans except to find a job before I go completely stir-crazy, shave my head and spray paint in lime green, I'm feeling ambitious. Additionally, what's the point of not doing something to change your life at the end of the year? To prove a point that you're not cliche? Then why are you spending your time surfing the Internet? Isn't that cliche?

That being said:

New Years Resolutions:

Spiritual:

  • Read my scriptures every day (I used to be a lot better about this one)
  • Go to the temple at least once a month
Mental:
  • Read something out of a book every day
  • Pick a subject and learn about it (human development, chimpanzees, something.)
Financial:
  • Get a big girl job
Social:
  • Do something with friends twice a month
  • Make a new friend
Physical:
  • Exercise four times a week
  • Run a long-distance race (10K or greater, preferably half marathon or more)
  • Slow down and listen to my body when eating
Miscellaneous:
  • Get and use a passport
  • Go hiking

No comments:

Post a Comment